10.04.2014

Dayaw Coffe Shop

I've been to Davao last month for business trip. Most of the time when I go business trips I can't find time to take some fashion posts or any other blog posts. (Maybe next time I would think how can I squeeze in a few time .... hhmmm). Anyway in spite of that there is one place that is worth sharing with you. Sorry for not being able to take enough photos of the place since I was in a hurry while having our breakfast. 

Anyway, when we were in Davao I really wanted to have Durian coffee and luckily we were able to see Dayaw Coffee Shop. Our attention was initially caught by the collections (of the owner) presented outside of the coffee shop.

But I would like to talk first about Dayaw Coffee Shop, it's located at SM Davao and they offer of course several coffee both hot and cold. Plus what a great way to pair any coffee would be cakes / pastries. 



Dayaw Coffee Shop is different in a way that their interior is very native. The owner ensured to make it very Filipino particularly Mindanao feel. It is the ambiance that sets it apart. Look at the interiors, the owner really bought the textile from Zamboanga.


There are also several paintings that are of course from the Philippines.


Look! Even the tables have details and it's very Filipino! Very Makabayan feeling! It's something great to present to the tourists too!



And there's the menu of Dayaw... Besides the coin there are stamps too!


Now let's move on to the food, let's see if they just focus on the ambiance only.

So here are the available cakes when I was there. Of course I checked if there's a Durian flavor. And Yes! I had 2 cakes to choose from, either the cheesecake or the brazo.


I find the cakes affordable at the given size. They look yummy too!



After a little deliberation, we decided to get the cheese cake as it was also recommended by the barista.


Dayaw Durian Cheese Cake De Leche, the size was enough specially that it's Durian flavor. It's big enough for the price.


Look, it's thick enough for a cheese cake! There are cheese cakes that are so thin in height that it is very bitin! haha

What I liked about the Cheese Cake:
  • Great presentation, very cheese cake and looks yummy
  • Smells very durian
  • Really taste like durian
  • Made with real durian fruit and not the jams only
  • But I was also able to taste the cheese cake!
  • The cheese cake was great, it's a real cheese cake  (for me), it's not the moose type of cheese cake
  • It is sweet because of the leche it was actually good to be sweet to balance the smell of the durian
  • Overall, it is a balance of cheese cake, durian and the leche
Base on my experience, too much durian is not ok. It feels hot on the body makes you feel like sick. Argh, it's hard to explain. For the Chinese community out there it's the feeling of yah diat. Hope you get what I mean.hehe

Cons:
  • If you don't like durian - say no to this
  • May be too sweet for some because of the leche



Here I am before enjoying Dayaw Durian Cheese Cake De Leche

Now let's move on to the Durian Coffee! This is what I really wanted to have. By the way during the trip I was able to eat the Durian fruit and drink Durian shake. I love the shake I drank twice haha! 


What I appreciated with the barista is that when I told him if he can lessen the coffee for me since I am really not a coffee person (at times I palpitate when drinking coffee) he suggested that he can just put more of the white chocolate or milk ( I can't remember). That's great right! 

What I like about Durian Coffee:
  • Smells good, coffee and durian
  • Can really smell the durian flavor
  • Taste a little bitter (not sure if it's from the durian or coffee)
  • Taste good!
  • With a few durian bits (like husk) since it's also made from the real durian fruit
  • It's a little sweet that is right for my taste since I asked to lessen the coffee



Look! Consistent of the feel of the whole Dayaw coffee shop! Native design coffee holder.

I give the cake and the coffee two thumbs up!

Just to share with you, just outside the coffee shop the owner displayed his collection of coins which he got from several parts of the world. What's nice is that he is there sharing the stories of the coins. It's like you are in a museum. It was very kind of him to share it with the consumers.


You may think that it's marketing strategy for him to do it. But I tell you! We were lucky to be able to talk to the owner and we really felt the sincerity of him just wants share the learning and knowledge to the world.


Here are some of his collections which he gladly shared the story with us too. He also told us that he changes the display every month. So Davao people! Something for you to check out every month! 



To those who are going to Davao! Make sure to drop by Dayaw coffee shop and take a look of the collection, but of course don't miss to try their food and drinks too! 










 Thank You Sir for a wonderful experience! I am so mean... I forgot his name. :(



-XOXO-






No comments:

Post a Comment