9.30.2014

Speculoos Cookie and Cocoa Swirl

Another spread post! :) I got this from a bazaar that I went with my sister. They were selling these at a low price since expiration date is near. Since I know that we will be able to finish this way beyond the expiration date, then it's worth a try. I was really curious to try this variant already since it's a mix of the cookie butter spread and of course chocolate. Who doesn't want chocolate spreads right?




Consistently, it has the same look of their cookie butter but I liked it that they changed the bottle cap to color brown since it has the chocolate feeling. The label is a balance of the cookie butter spread and with the addition of the chocolate. 


And here's the expiration date. I hope they sold it even at a lower price haha! I might have bought 2. :)


Yes with seal, gold seal. So sophisticated.


Now let's check at the spread! Upon opening it we can see that there's more of the cookie butter spread than the chocolate. I find that it didn't have a strong smell of the flavors.

with out flash

with flash

Now when spreading it. It turned the other way around. It seems that there's more chocolate than the cookie butter spread. Even the bottle seemed that way but I was able to smell both the cookie butter spread and chocolate. 

with out flash
When eating it on it's own, I can taste both the cookie butter and the chocolate. Nice balance of both and I like it. But when spread it in a bread I find it that the chocolate is more stronger than the cookie butter. The cookie butter will just come out at the end, a lighter hint and after taste. But it was still ok. For those who are chocolate lovers I think you will like this. The chocolate is ok, sweet and very chocolatey.

with flash
-XOXO-

No comments:

Post a Comment