7.17.2014

Bak Kut Teh


Just a very quick post for today. I was gone for several days last week but since it was a business trip I didn't had the chance to document new food that I was able to have. I was just around somewhere in Asia and here's what I was able to try for the first time. 

I already have heard about this food but it was only now that I was able to try this and it was in the airport already. This is Bak Kut Teh, it's like Ma Kut (Spareribs / Meat Bone soup) but with better flavored soup. The soup is more flavorful and a little spicy. 

It is usually paired with this 3 side dishes... steamed soy peanut, vegetable (kiam chay) and Chinese doughnut. And of course like Ma Kut, Bak Kut Teh has it's own distinctive soy sauce that is really good (The soy sauce is covered in this photo.. I'm so sorry)!  


Where's the best Bak Kut Teh? 

-XOXO-

No comments:

Post a Comment