4.17.2014

Racer inspired outfit

Hi guys! It's holy week already and it's Maundy Thursday and because it's a long weekend.... I'll have time to blog again. I am very sorry for being MIA, I'll try to blog more often. :) Since I was MIA, I have lots of posts to share with you.

A very quick fashion post, I just tried if I can squeeze in a simple photo to share with you on what I wore during one of our company event hosted by the department where I belong. :) Luckily, I was able to squeeze in 2 photos in spite if a very busy and long day!

The theme of the event was about racing, I was just given the privilege to wear something different at the start of the day and the dress code given was all black and racer inspired outfit. Given the guideline and consideration that I should change to our event uniform that day.... I made sure to wear something that I can easily change with out going to the comfort room (due to several activities to be done) and would definitely match the theme and our uniform that day.  


With this I decided to wear a thin cardigan with racer type look. I was initially thinking of wearing my leather jacket but it's not handy for me to bring along with my other stuffs. 


Luckily, I have this cover up with me that I had for a very long time already! I think I had this since college days pa! haha! With the stripe sporty details... this will be great for the event theme. I also liked that it has this (I think) dragon details both sides of the sleeves to provide more angst with my look. :) Simple yet  with a character, lastly the fabric is something shiny but very soft and comfortable. It's as if this cover up is really intended for the event. :)


Since me and my colleagues didn't want to keep on changing (besides the fact that we don't have time) we decided to wear pants all through out the day so we just have to change our top. To make my look a little different, I decided to wear a black pants with a different twist. Instead of wearing plain black jeans, I wore waxed pants. It's shiny and looks as if I was wearing leather pants. Given the summer heat, leather pants was not an option!

Thank God for the Stradivarius website! I can share with you how great this pants looks like! All pants images got from Stradivarius website.


Look at how it looks so sleek! It's not because it's worn by a model but it does look so! I like that it's supper comfortable and fashionable in one. I also appreciate that they have free alteration and I was able to reduce the length thus making it very fit for me.


I've got several comments where in they though I was wearing a leather pants. :)


Not to forget, I've also worn an inner tank top from Uniqlo! I love it for being functional of being underwear but also a great top. I didn't have any problem changing from my racer inspired cover up to our company polo.

Lastly, to complete my racer look. I borrowed my niece's sneaker wedge. Though her shoe size is already bigger than me, I just used a very thick socks so that my feet won't slip anytime I walk. Luckily the look of her sneaker wedge (that I gave her haha) matched very well with our theme.


I hope you liked my racer inspired look. Again function and comfort can be combined with fashion. :)


(Details jacket, Uniqlo Sleeveless top, Stradivarius waxed pants, Payless Footwear)

-XOXO-

No comments:

Post a Comment